We at Conduit Ltd. (Doing business under the brand name “Swiftic” (“Swiftic”, “we” or “our“) would like to thank you for joining the thousands of members who have chosen to create mobile apps on the Swiftic platform (“Platform“). We know that you invest a lot of time and effort in creating your mobile app(s) (“App(s)”), and we understand that you want to be sure that any apps you create are maintained by a reliable partner and presented together with other legit and useful apps. We provide you with these guidelines in order to assist you in creating mobile App(s) that will meet our quality standards. By following these guidelines, you can ensure that your App’s/Apps’ content is consistent with Swiftic’s quality goals, which reflect applicable Internet, intellectual property and privacy laws, and which intend to maintain a high-quality network of mobile apps. This policy hereinafter (“Policy“) applies to and governs the content your App(s) displays, enables, makes available or links to, including without limitation, ads and/or end users’ generated content and their functionality. In this Policy, “Content” shall include any data, text, graphics, links, web pages, signs, images, logos, software and code, files, photos, audio or video, sounds, visual works, musical works, works of authorship, and components (collectively, the “Content“). The Policy applies in addition to, and not in substitute of, the provisions of any other applicable agreement between you and Swiftic with respect to the mobile App(s).
Welcome to the Swiftic’s Quality Network Policy
- Do not use or display within or through your App(s) any Content protected by third party intellectual property, including: unauthorized usage of copyrighted content, trademarks, trade names or logos (collectively: “IP“). We may ask you to provide us with written evidence of your authorization to use such Content.
- Your App(s) may refer to any third party IP only in a manner that describes the App’s/Apps’ compatibility or purpose, by using words such as “for” or “to” (for example: “Tips and Tricks for the iPhone”).
- Do not imply any sponsorship or endorsement by any mobile app stores or marketplaces, or otherwise mischaracterize your relationship with them.
- Do not name your App(s) after celebrities, sport teams/groups or trademarks/trade names of third parties. If you insist on naming your App(s) after a celebrity, you may only do so by adding “edition” contiguously following your App’s/Apps’ name (e.g., “[name] edition”); you may use a name of a sport group, if you add “unofficial app for fans of [name]” without using its trademark or logo.
- Apps that enable illegal file sharing or other unlawful behaviors are not allowed.
- We may remove any Content you or anyone on your behalf and/or your end users added to your App(s), if we believe at our sole discretion that your Content infringes any IP rights. We will do our best to notify you with respect to our decision and its reasons.
- We will reject Apps for any Content or behavior that we believe is inappropriate. Our standards for Content are intended to maintain the quality of our network. For example, we do not allow:
Apps that encourage excessive consumption of alcohol or illegal substances, or that encourage minors to consume alcohol or smoke cigarettes;
- Apps that are defamatory, offensive, mean-spirited, or likely to place the targeted individual or group in harm’s way;
- Content advocating against groups of people based on their race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity;
- Apps that depict violence or abuse of people or animals;
- Apps that present excessively objectionable or crude content;
- Pornographic Content, nudity or erotic materials of any sort in the application or marketing materials. We also don’t allow Content that drives traffic to pornography sites;
- Content which may be classified as misleading in any way. This also applies to false, fraudulent or misleading representations or Content that uses names or icons similar to those of other Apps in the marketplace.
- Illegal online gambling Content is not allowed, including linking to websites or mobile sites that provide gambling services and/or products (e.g., online casinos, sports betting and lotteries). Please make sure you hold all necessary licensing and permissions in the locations where your App is used. Distribution and usage of your App(s) must be restricted to these locations only.
- Apps that solicit, promote, or encourage criminal or clearly reckless behavior will be rejected.
- Illegal drug-related materials or references are not allowed.
- We do not allow Content which causes or enables security threats including: malware, viruses, or any other computer code, files or applications designed to interrupt, hijack, destroy or limit functionality of any computer software/hardware/network.
- Please assign appropriate keywords for your App submission to mobile app stores and marketplaces. We may ask you to change/delete inappropriate keywords.
- Some countries may have more restrictive standards than other countries for what qualifies as “Offensive Content,” “Pornography,” or “Illegal Activity.” We reserve the right to restrict any App or in-app purchase (IAP) from distribution in any country where the sale or distribution of that App’s Content would violate that country’s local laws, cultural norms, or sensitivities.
- We do not allow Content which violates the privacy rights of end users, including: collection of information that is in violation of Swiftic’s privacy policies or without obtaining proper prior consent.
Apps Primarily Intended for Kids:
- Apps primarily intended for use by kids may not include behavioral advertising (e.g., the advertiser may not serve ads based on the specific minor user’s activity within the App), and any contextual ads presented in the App must be appropriate for kids.
- Apps primarily intended for use by kids must get parental permission or use a parental gate before allowing the user to log in to the App or engage in commerce.
- You have to make sure that your App rating is accurate considering its Content. Although it’s your responsibility to assign proper ratings, we may change/delete inappropriate ratings.
What Other Quality Standards Do We Have?
- All URLs included in an App should be fully functional when you submit the App for review, such as URLs for “support” page and “term of use” page.
- Apps are allowed to have a reasonable quantity of advertisements, but may not include excessive advertisements (e.g., pop-ups, affiliate offerings, etc.) or be mostly constructed by ads. Every App must offer a clear added value in addition to the advertisement message.
- Apps must not display advertisements through system-level notifications on the user’s device.
- An App may be rejected if it simply presents web clippings, is a content aggregator, or is a collection of links.
- We may reject Apps that duplicate other Apps that already exist in the app stores or that are part of an attempt to “spam” the stores with many versions of similar apps.
- We may reject Apps that have no added value, that are not useful and unique, that are simply websites bundled as apps, or that do not provide any value.
- We will reject your App if your screenshots will display any personal information of your users without obtaining their proper prior consent (such as account names or log-in information). Please populate the fields with dummy information. Please highlight the App’s most interesting features in a logical progression that mimics a typical user’s experience. Do not post repetitive Content.
Now That You Have Reviewed Our Policy, What’s Next?
- If your App meets our Quality Network Policy, we will be happy to confirm your App.
- In the event that your App is rejected, you will receive an email notification to that effect. Serious or repeated violations of this Policy may result in account termination. Repeated infringement of intellectual property rights may also result an account termination. We keep all our rights in accordance with your agreement with us (whether online/offline) or any applicable law.
- We will be happy to discuss with ways in which you can make your App consistent with the quality of our network, if applicable. Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that we do not take any responsibility for your App’s Content (including its download, display or usage). Although we may monitor your App in accordance with our Policy, it is your responsibility to make sure that you are fully compliant with any applicable law, industry standards, and our Policy.
- Interpretation. The term “including,” as used in any of the instructions below, means including but not limited to and without limitation to the generality of that instruction. All examples presented in this Policy and all “i.e.” and “such as” notations indicate an illustration, by way of example only, of the respective instruction, without limiting its generality.
- Modification. Swiftic may modify the Policy from time to time, upon prior written notice to you. Your continued use of the Platform after this Policy is modified signifies your assent to the modified Policy.
Last Update Date:May 18, 2015.